Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

B5720 Jacket Complete

B5720
B5720 View C
Just wanted to show the completed Jacket and skirt.  Sorry there are no pictures of me in it.  I wore it to church Sunday and received many compliments.  Here are the details:


Pattern Description:  Loose-fitting,lined jacket has self ruffles, shoulder pads, princess seams, softly gathered sleeve cap with two sleeve options and snap closing.


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope:  Yes


Were the instructions easy to follow:  Yes


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  I like the ruffles and the easy styling.


Fabric used:  Not sure, but it is possibly a rayon.  It was easy to work with.  I bought it at a Joann's sale last year.  I think this color is referred to as "celadon".  


Pattern alterations or any design changes:   None


Would you sew it again?  Would you recommend it to others?  I might make View B.  It's the pink version above.  I do recommend to others.


Conclusion:  This pattern has snap closures.  This was an easy to sew pattern and I think it would look great with a skirt or slacks.  
Completed 2 pc. suit on dress form.  
The skirt is mention in the previous post.  It's a straight skirt with back zipper and slit from OOP V1330.    It is lined and has darts on the front and back and has a waistband.  I'm sure I'll be using that one again for future skirts.

Next up:  a color block dress from McCalls.
Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

Michele Marriott said...

I love the collar on that dress! Beautiful job! I found your site when you joined mine (Follow me home). Thanks for that. Can't wait to see that you sew next!