Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Another UFO - Vogue 1127 - Blouse

I finally finished the blouse from V1127.  It's been cut out for over a year and this blog post had been saved for over a week.  This was part of the UFO challenge over at Sew Much Talent. 
 The pattern guidesheet instructs you to make french seams.
 There are fabric loops on the neck for the opening above the slit. 

Pattern Description: MISSES' JACKET, SKIRT AND BLOUSE: Jacket is fitted, cropped, lined, long raglan sleeves and standup collar. Skirt is straight-fitting, lined and 1" below normal waist with waistline facing, back darts, back slit and invisible zipper. Length is 2" above mid-knee. Blouse is semi-fitted, sleeveless, front and back gathers, back neckline slit, gathered standup collar and ties.


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Yes, pretty much.

Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  I like the style, the neck and collar ties.

Fabric Used: A chiffon print from Joann's.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: None.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  I might sew again in a fabric that's not so sheer.  I do recommend to others.

Conclusion: I kept looking at this pattern and I'm glad I finally finished it. 

4 comments:

Bootzey said...

I have loved that pattern from afar for a many of years....

Faye Lewis said...

I fell in love with that pattern when it first came out and was willing to fight someone to get it. Needless to say it's here but has never been cut. I think it is so dressy sweet and I even have the ideal fabric for it - but it's so crawly. Yours is BEAUTIFUL!

Jackie said...

Thanks Faye for the compliments and yes that fabric was crawly too. But I used lots of pins to hold it together while sewing.
Yes Serenity, I too have loved this pattern and some time in the near future, hope to make the jackiet and skirt.

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

Nice blouse. This pattern has been in my queue for a very long time. Maybe one of these, I'll get it done. Who am I kidding, I am still working on my "Go Chanel, or Go Home" jacket from two years ago. Maybe this will be the year I get them finished.