Search This Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Just A Few Thoughts


I've been playing around on the blog to see what I could do but not posting. I wanted to see if I could show the picture of the one and only pattern I purchased last week from the sale at Joann's. It's Butterick 5027. No fabric purchased for this but will have to check the stash. I was really good only buying one!

But in trying to establish a routine of posting what I've been doing, over the weekend I made a jacket and skirt out of a black embroidered linen from Joann's. The jacket pattern was from a Style pattern that I've had for a few years (maybe more than a few since I'm not sure how long ago it's been since these patterns were available). It's a simple unlined jacket w/long sleeves and side slits, loop button closures, and the skirt was straight with zipper & back slit, from a McCall's suit pattern, also simple. It was cut out Saturday afternoon and completed late into the night. I wore it to church Sunday and received many compliments.

No comments: