Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

S2229

S2229 This was sewn up during the hot hot summer!  Just had the chance but  I wore it this past Sunday for church and it was perfect in our now cooler temperatures.  I had a mishap with the jacket.  Not while wearing it, but before I could even put it on.  I'm not going to tell you what I did except I had to re-make a section of the back.  Totally my fault.  But as they say,  all is well that ends well.   Here is my review: 
Pattern Description:  Misses' & Miss petite jacket, pants and skirt. Threads sewing pattern collection.
Pattern Sizing:  K5(8-10-12-14-16)  U5(16-18-20-22-24)
Fabric Used:  A suede fabric from Joann's
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Yes
Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?   I liked the jacket.  Although I notice that I forgot to put the little floral design on the front.  Also, I usually don't like wrap type skirts.  This one was okay. 
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  None.  I made it pretty much exactly as the pattern directions indicated. 
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?   I doubt I'll sew again, but I do recommend. There are so many other patterns I want to make.
Conclusion:  Both the jacket and skirt are fully lined.  I think an advanced beginner could make this.   


3 comments:

Ruta said...

Looks very nice!

Virginia's Daughter said...

That is so sharp! I love that suit! I'm into suits this fall season but have yet to make one! Nice work on this Jackie!

West Coast Boomer said...

You look great in this suit. It is a stunning combo of a Jackie-O of the Sixties and Today's Fashion. Way to go!