Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Finally Finished V8317

Finally, I can show you OOP Vogue 8317. It's been complete for a few days. So here it is.

Pattern Description:
Misses/Misses Petite Top, Belt & Skirt. Fitted, lined top with shawl collar, long sleeves, contrast peplum (I used the same fabric for the peplum) with bias bound edges and front button closures. Belt has hook & eye closures, purchased decorative buckle. Lined skirt has darts, back zipper closure, back flounce, waistband with hook/eye closure.
Pattern Sizing:
AA(6-8-10-12), EE(14-16-18-20)
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? yes
Were the instructions easy to follow? yes
Fabric Used: Not sure, it's been in my collection for years. I do remember getting it from Fashion Fabrics Club back in the day, LOL. I think it may be a poly damask, but just not sure of the exact name.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: The patterns calls for lace as a contrast for the peplum. I used the same fabric for the peplum and I liked the binding effect that you can see on the edge in the pattern photo. I did not follow the pattern guidesheet instructions for that.
skirt back with flounce
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I probably won't sew this again, but I do recommend it if you've had it in your collection like me, LOL. It's still available on Vogue's website.
Conclusion: I've had this pattern for several years and have always rotated it back and forth to the drawer and then back out among my next to sew. I almost forgot to mention that I couldn't find any cute buckles at Joann's. I did find the buttons there and used the smaller ones for the belt area, just for now! LOL! The pattern is rated easy. A beginner may feel intimidated because of the lining and some of the instructions may seem too much. But I think if someone wanted this suit, they'd be very happy with the results.

10 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

So beautiful!

gwensews said...

VaVaVoom! That's a gorgeous outfit. Love the flouncy-bottom skirt!

Omega said...

OMG! What a beautiful outfit! I love it, the color is so pretty.

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

Wowza! What a fabulous looking suit. I love the colour. When you wear, please post a photo.
Angela

Alethia said...

What a beautiful suit! You know pink is one of my favorite colors. :)

Cennetta said...

BEAUTIFUL.

Barbara said...

I love this suit! You did an amazing job and the pink is so much nicer than the black. I am putting this one on my own list.

Jennifer Allison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Allison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Allison said...

Hi Jackie,

I am looking for that Vogue pattern V8317 and cannot find it, i made it once and want the skirt again…do you still have the pattern and would you either lend it to me or sell it to me? I would pay shipping of course, and am very reliable so if you wanted it back, I would copy it and return it to you, or pay you to copy it for me

here's hoping for a reply

with kindest regards

Jennifer