Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

OOP Butterick 3431

I've had this pattern for many years. It's a very easy style and I remember making the sleeveless top and pants in a similar color. The top is loose-fitting, has side slits and a narrow hem. The pattern called for shoulder pads which I did not apply and it has tie ends for the closure. The pants, which I did not photograph, are wide legged and an elastic waist. The fabric used is from my collection. It's a rayon twill that I purchased many years ago from Walmart in Grenada, Mississippi. They used to have really nice fabrics there whenever we in town to visit family. I could load up on some good pieces. The plan was to wear this outfit two weeks ago when my oldest daughter took me to an Erykah Badu concert in downtown Chicago. Well, in my usual "last minute decision self" on what to wear, I didn't have the time to finish it for that occasion. Ready for my next event!

1 comment:

gwensews said...

That's a great jacket. Love it!