Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

McCalls 6074

When I first saw this pattern on Faye's blog, I knew I wanted it. She talked about how easy it was to sew and how you could make 12 in a day (something like that) LOL. The pattern says it's a "One-Hour Dress". It's a pullover and has three length variations. An elastic casing detail below the v-neck. There are other options for trims and cap sleeves. It took me two evening to finish because I worked on something else prior to starting on this. But I love the simplicity of this dress and it will be great for the hot weather we are about to get this weekend. The fabric is a lightweight knit from Fabric.com that the oldest daughter didn't want. Remember, I haven't purchased any new fabric when I sewed this. (More on that later). But I'll probably make a few more of these dresses. That's what I love about reading other sewing blogs because I usually overlook something. Thanks Faye! (also, I don't know why this was underlined and in blue)




3 comments:

Sew Shy said...

This is pretty, I really like the fabric you chose for it.

Kelly said...

Great dress. Love the fabric. It's in my favorite print.

Faye Lewis said...

Love your new dress! Wasn't it easy?