Thank you for all the nice comments. My mom was thrilled to get to wear her outfits.
I've been reading about the sewing goals of other bloggers for the new year. I had thought about my own back in late November and that I'd like to make changes in my wardrobe. It always seems to me as if I don't have anything to wear or I always just pick from the same things. But in order to make the changes I want, I need to make plans and commit to them. Not that things can't change. So for this year:
1. Add suits, dresses and slacks to my wardrobe.
2. Make use of some of the patterns I've acquired. I purchased some Lekala patterns a couple months ago, so I want to make those up too. This should help with No. 1.
3. It's been a long, long time since I made anything with welt pockets. So it's time to include this and other enhancements in my sewing again.
4. I plan not to purchase any new fabric until June. With the exception of linings and anything I may need to complete a garment.
5. Spend less time on the computer so I can get my new wardrobe made (smile!) I saw this on Linda's blog and I agree that my sewing time could only be helped if I did this too.