Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Finally Some New Posts

I've wanted to post something for quite some time. I'm finally sitting down to do so now. Will get right to what I've been sewing. McCalls 5890 I made View A in a knit purchased from Fabric.com. The jacket is loose-fitting and unlined, has a shawl collar, with center back pleats and top-stitched hems all around. It was easy to sew. I haven't worn it just yet as it's been too warm here.

Next, Simplicity 4637. I made the top View C. I used a lightweight polyester fabric from my collection. The front has upper & lower sections which are separated by a horizontal seam. A dart is in the lower upper front. There are darts in the back and a center back seam. The collar is a two-piece collar and front & neck facings. The sleeves have a self-facing so a deep hem is made with a slit. The sleeves can be turned up to form a cuff. I chose this top because it wasn't just a plain shirt type of garment. It has the horizontal seams in the front and the darts to give it shape and I really like the sleeves and you can wear it either turned up and form a cuff or just leave them down. I might make it again in a different fabric. It has a front button closure. You can't see the skirt in the picture, but I used OOP B4746. It's a simple skirt with darts in the front & back and a center back zipper. It was so-so easy!! I will probably use this pattern again also.

4 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Wow! You've been really busy sewing. Nice garments.

gwensews said...

You will enjoy that jacket come fall. You'll have something new on the first chilly day. Love that blouse, with it's fitted bodice, and those seams. Very nice.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Thank you for sharing all of your new garments with us. You have been busy and they are beautiful!

Tany said...

Really cool garments!!