Did everyone finish their Christmas sewing? I managed to make something for my granddaughter to wear on Christmas Eve. It's the New Look 6664 out of the dark green corduroy. I haven't downloaded any pictures. She was moving around so fast, we'll see how they come out. But she looked so cute!
These are resolutions from Fabric.com. Sounds good, but will anybody do this for real? I always think that I'll do the fourth one, but that never happens. LOL We'll have to be very disciplined!
“New Years Resolutions for Sewers”
1. I will not add anything to the stash unless something comes out – not that I have room to add anything else.
2. I will buy extra yardage of the main fabric because it’s inevitable that I will get close to the end and not have enough.
3. I will buy fabric if I LOVE it. Hey, if I don’t buy it now it won’t be there when I need it and come back, right?
4. I will not start a new project until I have finished the first project. No more half-finished quilts and skirts!
5. I will read the instructions several times before I start a project. My seam ripper needs a break and my mouth could use some cleaning…
6. I will do a test run of the quilt block or clothing item I am making to be sure it looks how I planned BEFORE I start in on the expensive material.
7. I will finally clean my sewing area and *sigh* throw away that stuff I haven’t needed in years.
8. I will learn to love my pins and not just see them as an unnecessary step.