I've completed V2976 (photo to come) It came together fairly easy, but there were problems at the beginning after applying the button loops. The sewing instructions were to apply the loops to the "wrong" side of the fabric front, make a 5/8" narrow hem, and then turn the loops out and edgestitch the front opening on the "right" side of the fabric.
1. I did not like the look after flipping the loops out.
2. It was too bulky and the loops were going to be so small, there would be problems pushing the buttons through.
After taking it apart a couple of times and going over the pattern instructions, I did it my way, which was much easier and less bulk.
There is a single-layer lapel collar and lots of topstitching all over the jacket. There are no facings, thus no interfacing is used. Several years ago, I read about the single-layer collar application in a Threads magazine article.
The skirt was super easy so I completed it first. I don't know that I'd make the jacket again perhaps in a different fabric. The skirt, yes!