Search This Blog

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sew Much Talent-UFO Challenge

Sew Much Talent has a challenge that ends tomorrow.  I managed to get one thing done so far.  Out of Print V2887 that features a jacket and skirt.  I made the skirt which is straight, lined and below mid-knee with princess seams. 
The waist is faced with ribbon, and there's a back zipper and slit.


The fabric is a home dec suede from Joann's that was suitable for
 apparel.  I don't have enough to make the jacket out of this but plan to in the future in another fabric and the skirt.  Since it's a suede fabric, I consider this a sort of beginning to my fall sewing.  I have a knit fabric that I planned to use with this so I may start that in a few weeks.  I still have lots of summer sewing I want to complete.  The next item from the UFO list is a blouse that is certainly summertime.  I hope to complete it tonight for the deadline of the SMT challenge.

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Such a pretty color and nice skirt... you did a great job on the finishing details. Looking forward to seeing the fabric you will pair with it. My plan was to participate because I have a jacket & a dress that needs to be finished, but time wasn't on my side.

Faye Lewis said...

What a wonderful pattern. That's a great style and color for you too.

Linda L said...

Love the color of your skirt. Nice pattern.

Alethia said...

Who knew?! You did a great job! I want to flaunt your "stuff", so upload a photo at Sew Much Talent this way I can upload your finished UFO to the video slideshow. Thanks for participating!

redbamsews said...

Great looking skirt. Love the color. I agree this will make a great fall skirt.