Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

Simplicity 2645

Simplicity 2645, View D. in a fabric called textured crepe that I've had for years. The color is called wedgewood. It's funny how I can remember the name of this fabric and the color name. I used the guidesheet directions which I don't usually follow. But because the back had dart details together with a bottom yoke or flounce.
This picture of me was after church last Sunday, so I apologize for the wrinkles. I made contrasting covered buttons from the same type of fabric. Initially, I was going to line the jacket although the pattern does not call for it. I started to make a new black skirt from a piece of the crepe in black but already had one from years ago and still in good condition. It's very possible that I'll make jacket A in a lighter weight fabric for warmer weather.










3 comments:

Ruta said...

Very nice! Nice buttons, too!

Faye Lewis said...

Yes, very nice!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Love this combination! Great jacket!