My 2nd sewing project of 2011 was from OOP B3189. The fabric is a knit mohair look from Joann's. My daughter has the fabric also, and we wore our outfits (not planned) on Sunday to church. The view I used is not exactly on the front of the pattern envelope. My top is like the blue dress on the pattern and my skirt is straight with an elasticized waist. I've sewn this several times in the past, various views. I used a tip from Nancy Zieman from M6247 on applying the waist elastic like ready-to-wear. I just usually make a casing and pull the proper length of elastic thru and stitch the ends and call it a day. I'm not sure if I'm thrilled with the result of this but it worked for the time being.
The reason I show these two fabrics is that they looked very similar in the photos after being made up (except for the sleeves) but as you can see they're different. The fabric on the left is of the B3189 and the right is another knit fabric but made from NL6838 my first quick 2011 project. I've used both patterns when I want something quick & easy and not too involved.
The night before I cut out a suit that includes a jacket & skirt (not from the same pattern) and last night I pinned another jacket. Off to cut that out and the skirt too.