Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Textile Discount Warehouse

To cas: Textile Discount Outlet is located at 2121 W. 21st Street in Chicago. It's about 2 blks west of Damen and north of Cermak or 22nd Street. The first time we went we took Cermak all the way over off of I-94. This time we got off at Damen from I-55 and drove north to 21st and took a left. It was faster that way. Street parking is available and a very small parking lot is located to the east of the building. The hours are listed on their website, which is under development. It is www.megafabrics.com
My four-year old granddaughter came with us yesterday. My daughter told her she would not be coming anymore, LOL! She wanted to run through the rows of fabric. It's not that type of place (what fabric store is). When we went downstairs, it smells kinda musty. It is an old warehouse. Besides apparel fabrics, they also have upholstery fabrics, loads & loads of trim. There's sewing notions & accessories like belt buckles, buttons & zippers. So have fun.

2 comments:

Cas... said...

Thank you so much Jackie! I really do appreciate the information. I've heard of this place before but I never been. No one knew the name. Now I know! LOL!

I'll have to run by hear sometime.

You can check my blog for some sewing goodies some day. I do plan on making something to show soon!

http://beencouragednomatterwhat.blogspot.com

I really appreciate it!

Faye Lewis said...

Wish I could get to it.