Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

McCalls 3503. An out-of-print pattern I've had several years. Never used it, but decided now would be a good time. I made View B, sleeveless vest/jacket. Has princess seams, sleeve facings and hidden placket for buttons/buttonholes. The fabric is a poly/twill I think, LOL! But there's enough left to either make the pants to go with this or for the jacket I originally planned this fabric for. But note the skirt. (not a good pic) It is a-lined from one of the linen prints I bought at Joann's a couple weeks ago. I think it coordinates perfectly with the solid. The skirt is a simple a-lined with back zipper and facings for the waistline. The hem is machine stitched. It is Butterick 3637, a Diahann Carroll style. Very out-of-print but still stylish.
Fabrics in shades of turquoise seem to be my new favorite color. The fabrics I purchased most recently plus some that was already in my stash are in that color family. Hmmm.

There are several pieces of fabric left on my cutting table. Believe it or not, I actually said in a conversation with one of my daughters the other day, that I think I'll try to sew up the rest of those fabrics for summer and then start on fall/winter sewing. We both said it as a matter of fact. In the midst of temperatures in the 90s and we're thinking of sewing clothing for the cool/cold/frigid temperatures. I must be changing. I normally sew in the moment and try to remain in summer mode as long as possible. What can I say...

3 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

This is really a cute outfit...but I really love how you are using some of the out of print patterns from your stash!

Omega said...

Really cute outfit. Great colors for summer.

Alethia said...

Very cool and comfortable looking top, I love the color!