Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Simplicity 2560, Vogue 8605 & McCalls 5929

S2560
I used a black knit fabric I've had in my fabric collection for a few years. This was an easy sew project.

Pattern Description: Cardigan with sleeve and neckline variations
Pattern Sizing: 8 - 24
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes
Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like that it has more than one length to choose and that the sleeves can be how you like
Fabric Used: Stretch Knit
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I don't usually read the guide sheet that comes with patterns. I should have paid more attention to this one because on the sleeves, I left off the facing and just sewed up the bottom the way I saw fit.
Would you sew it again? Yes
Would you recommend it to others? Yes
Conclusion: I like this and will try it again soon.

V8605
This is the pattern that seemed to take forever to complete. I started this before the holidays and then I must have been caught up in the preparations for that and just put this aside.
Pattern Description: Loose-fitting un-lined jackets, shawl collar, elbow length dolman sleeves, pockets & topstitching detail. Close-fitting skirt with top-stitching details and back zipper and slit.
Pattern Sizing: 8-24
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes
Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Although the skirt is straight, it has design details and top stitching that I really like.
Fabric Used: Double knit from Fabric.com
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: None
Would you sew it again? Yes, I plan to make the longer length jacket.
Would you recommend it to others? Yes
Conclusion: This pattern is rated easy. I think any figure type could wear this because of the loose-fitting top/jackiet.
My daughter's blouse is M5929 is out of a peachskin type fabric from her extensive stash. The solid contrast is something my mother gave to her and it matches perfectly with the blue in the blouse fabric.
Pattern Description: Fitted shirts darted front and back, front band, ruffles and shaped hemline; view A has stand-up collar, below elbow length sleeves with sleeve band; view B has collar and collar band, full length sleeves with placket opening and cuffs; dresses A, B have sleeves gathered at cap and lower edge.
Pattern sizing: 6-20
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern enveloope once you were done sewing with it? Yes
Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Fabric used: Striped peachskin and a satin remnant.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Just contrasted the front band, collar and cuffs.
Would you sew it again: This is the second time she's made this shirt. The other was a solid yellow.
Conclusion: My daughter made this up in two evenings (I think). She was on a sewing kick to make a wardrobe in a week that I'd told her about from reading the Stitcher's Guild. This was part of that. She had two tops and two bottoms in her plan.
So that's it for now. Off to start on more sewing projects.





4 comments:

Linda L said...

Love the jackets and the blouse for your daughter. I had not seen the Simplicity pattern before. I really like the knit jackets included in the pattern.

Nujoi1908 said...

Love the jacket. I hope to get to that Vogue skirt soon. The McCall's shirt turned out really well.

Sheila said...

Love the fabric that you used for the knit cardigan.

You and Your daughter look great your garments.

Kat said...

Wow! These are terrific garments.