Search This Blog

Friday, November 20, 2009

B5260 & NL6838

B5260 in this black & white knit print, View A. This took about two hours, if that, to sew up last night. When I first came across B5375 a See&Sew pattern, I really liked the top. Since those are never on sale, I searched to see if one of their regular patterns was similar. I found 5260 with exactly the same line drawing and description etc. So I buy it at one of the 99 cent sales. This top is made from a knit from stash. It is an a-lined, pullover with topstitched hems. The top has several neckline variations to choose from. I might make this one again and I highly recommend it.


The next top is NL6838 and this knit has gold diagonal lines. I've had this fabric in my stash for over nine years. This is a very easy top to make and I chose View B with elbow length sleeves. There is a center back seam. This may be an out of print pattern.
I have to say I am very happy I've been able to complete four tops so far this month! Now to add some bottoms to the wardrobe at this same type of pace. That would be exciting! We shall see.

6 comments:

gwensews said...

A girl can never have too many tops. Good work. I love the black/white print.

Faye Lewis said...

Oh Jackie I really like your tops!

Sheila said...

Pretty tops and really like the black/white one. I have the first pattern and will bump it up on my sewing list.

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

A variety of tops is definitely more crucial than a variety of bottoms. Love the gold fabric!

Faye Lewis said...

Thanks Jackie.

Susan said...

Both are beautiful. Great fabric choices!