Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Daughter's Skirt & Granddaugter's Dress

You know, my oldest daughter sews and her 'mojo' has been in full force this summer. She's a high school teacher and has been churning out quite a few things since she's been on vacation. Here are a couple of projects from last weekend. Sorry the pictures aren't real clear, especially the one where I cut off her head! My granddaughter's dress is made in an eyelet fabric from her mother's extensive collection. She applied a sequinned trim to the waistline. Not sure which pattern she used for this dress, but she did a wonderful job on it.
My daughter's skirt is a fabric she found at Walmart. She said it was $1.50/yard. The trim on the hemline was found there too. But she added the rhinestones! I think the wide rick-rack came from Joann's. It's very cute!

9 comments:

Jada said...

I know you are proud of her sewing skills. She did a wonderful job.

Alviana said...

beautiful. and perfect trimming!

Delia's Closet said...

The dress is beautiful.

Tee said...

Very, very nice!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Okay tell your daughter that I'm stealing her trim idea! *LOL* The skirt is just stunning! Your granddaughter's dress is cute also!

Tany said...

Awesome! She is talented!

Trudy said...

The dress is gorgeous.

You have a great blog. I'd love for you to come and visit my blog. I just made a Vintage Vogue Original 1944 Design, V2858. On the previous page you'll find a dress I made from an original 1974 pattern that I found in an antique store. I call that post The Lady in Lavender. And lots of other things in between. Hope you enjoy.

Kat said...

There is nothing like summer vacation to bring back the sewing mojo and churn out some great garments! Your daughter does wonderful work!!

Cennetta said...

It's a family affair. Two beautiful outfits.