Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Knit Top From Simplicity 4273

Simplicity 4273 is a wardrobe pattern I've wanted to sew last year. Didn't enter the contest. I chose to make the top out of the leftover knit from McCall's 5890. The bodice front has gathers along the waist seam. This calls for bias tape and you know there is none at the store to match, of course. So I used bias strips of the fabric for the front & back neck edges and the armholes. Topstitched the hem. I'm pretty sure I'll use this pattern to make the jacket & skirt.

5 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

I really like your new top Jackie. I have that pattern, and don't know when, but I'd like to try that top also.

gwensews said...

As the pattern suggests, that will be a great top underneath a suit jacket. Very nice.

Kelley said...

What a lovely top...and from knit, too (great idea!).

I love this pattern. The skirt is really pretty, but it's the dress I love. It's my TNT dress - you can sew it up without the zip (I only put one in my first version and could easily get it on without undoing it).

I've made it in linens, crepe, knits - even used it for a nightie pattern. It's super easy and a flattering style. Normally I line it - feels so nice on.

Tany said...

Very nice and elegant!

Kat said...

I love this top! It's a really cute spring/summer look.