Search This Blog

Monday, June 22, 2009

NL 6577

I made View B in a yellow dot cotton print from Walmart.
The sewing was easy and straightforward. I did not use the instructions much. The only thing I did different was to add some trim around the waist area. It is made in a size 4. I did not
add the underskirt. The baby seemed to like the dress. She grabbed it and ran off with it because I said I wanted to take a picture of her in it! Hilarious! I will probably make it up again. It has several variations that I like. The bodice is self-lined and is attached to a yoke for the neck and shoulders. The skirt has pleats in the front and back and there's a zipper opening in back. The skirt also has a ruffle around the buttom and the hem is topstitched. Super easy and perfect for summer. I will be entering this project in the PR Contest-Sewing for Children.
I hope everyone enjoyed their Father's Day Weekend.


12 comments:

BConky said...

Sweet and lovely dress. Love the daisy trim at the waist.

gwensews said...

Ahhhh-cute little dress. Love the color.

Julia said...

I have that pattern but I haven't used it yet. I say "yet' because after seeing it made up I will be doing it soon.

Jada said...

Beautiful dress!!Good luck in the contest!

Tee said...

Adorable!

Teddylyn said...

How cute! I may have to search out this pattern for my DGD...

Susan said...

That trim makes the dress. It is perfect! Too cute, for sure.

Rose said...

Adorable dress - great sewing job!

Lesalicious said...

So cute. Loving that dress.

Tany said...

What an adorable dress!

Kat said...

So cute, Jackie! I always loved "girly" sewing when my girls were around 3, 4, and 5.

Christy said...

very cute dresses!
is sewing kids clothes as simple as it looks?