Search This Blog

Sunday, March 1, 2009

My first completed project from last week is OOP Butterick 4682, a pink duster which is lined, long-sleeve duster with v-neck button closure. Not too sure about the fabric for this. It was in my stash and I changed my mind about what I originally planned to make out of it. The fabric has a little stretch in it. That's the part I'm not so sure about as to how this will wear. But, I wanted to have several pieces ready for spring to integrate into my wardrobe.
The skirt is OOP Butterick 3375. It is part of a pattern that has several variaions of tops that I still may use at some point. But the skirt is straght with waistband and back zipper & slit. Although it did not call for lining, I did add one. The fabric is
a moleskin embellished with sequins in a very dark brown. These two projects are not meant to be worn together. It just ended up that way when trying to complete several things last week.
I am currently working on McCalls 5597 in a coral shantung type of fabric that I've had for years. I'm really trying to use a lot of the fabrics that have currently been marinating in my collection for a good long while. More later...

7 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Marinating, I love that (lol). Both pieces that you created are classy.

Tany said...

Nice color, very trendy! good job!

Omega said...

Nice pink duster, that really looks like Spring. The skirt is nice too. Great job!

Susan said...

Gorgeous!

Kat said...

What a great color for the duster! And the skirt? Such pretty fabric. Do treat us to pics of you modeling these creations :) .

Dei said...

That color is just too yummy! What a gorgeous coat.

Christy said...

very, very, very cute