Search This Blog

Monday, January 26, 2009

Recycled Project!

I thought I could make one of the short jackets from this McCalls out of the dress & swing jacket that had been in my closet for several years. Funny how you'd think that since there was a lot of fabric (well it seemed that way) in that swing jacket, I could make the jacket. I even thought I could make one of the longer ones! HAHA!! No Way!! And then I figured I'd be able to have at least a skirt from the dress.






After going thru at least five patterns, I finally came upon this Butterick 4690 to make the jacket.


It was lots of work to completely take the jacket AND dress apart! I used every piece to make the new jacket. Even the facings that were on the original jacket was used to reinforce the hems of the sleeves and the bottom of the jacket. I am well pleased with the outcome and will wear this tonight to a meeting I have to attend. I'll post a review on Pattern Review as my entry to the Recycle-Reconstruction contest.

8 comments:

Melodye said...

What a save. Well done!

Faye Lewis said...

Jackie, that is amazing. It's beautiful.

Julia said...

Wow! that's beautiful!!! It is better the second time around. Julia

Rachel said...

You did a great job. I made that pattern awhile back in the long version. It is a great pattern and I really love the leopard fabric.

RiAnge Creations. Ltd. said...

Nice work. Thank you for the nomination.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

It is funny how little fabric there ends up being in a garment that looks so huge! Nice refashion.

Cennetta said...

Great safe!

KateS said...

Wow great re-use of fabric. the finished jacket looks great.