Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

McCall's 5335



This suit has been cut out for over a year and I just decided one day to go ahead and complete it. I made Jacket A with princess seams, front darts, and two-piece sleaves and view B's self cuffs and fully lined. The skirt is a basic straight design but with a back godet and waistline facing (I did not line the skirt). The godet was what I like most about the skirt. I did not put the button tab on the back of the jacket. The pattern is a Palmer/Pletsch classic fit and has lots of fitting tips on the guide sheet. I did not have any fitting issues with this pattern, but for someone else, there is lots of instructions on how to make whatever adjustments you may have. I see it's hard to photo black. I should take this outside, not Leena (my dress form) LOL!

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

You've been busy!!

Kat said...

Wow! Looks like your Fall/Winter sewing is in full swing. I have one of those coats--one that's cut out and has been sitting on the edge of my couch for many months waiting for some underlining and lining to be cut for it too. Really, I'm looking forward to making it because it's a lovely wool. Just wasn't that motivated in March when the weather started getting warmer.

Cennetta said...

This suit is another winner. The collar and the godet makes this suit more than your average black suit. I'm trying to sew up some UFO's too. The problem is the number keeps on growing. lol

Tany said...

What a great suit! Good job!