Search This Blog

Monday, May 26, 2008

The Stash Contest 2008

I decided to join the Pattern Review Stash Contest which begins June 1st thru July 31st. It's the first contest I've officially entered and I'm excited to be a part of it! You have to use fabric that has been in your collection by December 31, 2007. So what I've purchased so far this year doesn't count, but I've got plenty to choose from! LOL And you can make anything out of the yardage, i.e., clothing, home dec, accessories and each item has to be reviewed and posted to PR. I think the winners will be the one who has used the oldest fabric from their stash and whomever has used the most yardage. I'm very motivated to sew up some of my fabrics that have been neatly tucked away in bins for awhile! I already started planning a few of the items I want to sew and some are from patterns I've had awhile as well. So this will be interesting. Can't actually start laying out, cutting and sewing until June 1st. In the meantime, I'm working on a couple of other projects which I'll post in a day or two.
My daughters gave me my first dress form for Mother's Day! I just got it yesterday because it had to be special ordered. But you will be seeing pics of my projects on the dress form too once I've set the body measurements properly. Hope everyone has had a great holiday weekend! And the weather was great too!

3 comments:

Jada said...

Good luck on the contest!I know all your projects will be wonderful.

Kat said...

A new dressform! That is so cool :) . Enjoy it. It really is the perfect time for a stash contest, isn't it? With gas prices so high and prices everywhere going up, sewing the stash is pretty enticing!

Cennetta said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll come up with some interesting projects. You definitely have an eye for color, style, and fabric.

Congratulations! A dress form is a wonderful Mother's Day gift. Girl, I thought I was the only person who has sewn for many years and never had a dress form. lol I asked my sisters to gift me one for Christmas instead of buying me clothes.