Search This Blog

Friday, March 28, 2008

Fabrics


While in Atlanta this past weekend, we came upon a discount fabric store. Of course, I had to turn around and check it out. All the fabric prices seemed to be either $1.99 or $1.00 a yard. On the first day, I bought the white jacquard. It is suit weight. The gold is looks sort of like duiponi, it's not, but I will make it in a two-piece, probably top & skirt.

We went back over there on Monday and I purchased these two pieces. The yellowish gold is more of a lightweight rayon, and it will be a two-piece, skirt/top. The blue is a bit more heavier and will be a suit.

The name of the fabric store I believe is Fabric Warehouse. This one is on Memorial Drive, (I think) in the Avondale shopping area. There is another store which we visited several years ago and were planning to go there this trip until they told us they were affiliated, in Stone Mountain next to K&G. They also had some Pellon interfacings for 50 cents/yard.

3 comments:

Cennetta said...

Love the fabric. Which Walmart did you go to?

Jackie said...

It was the one in Crestwood, just off Cicero.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I love it when you find fabric while on vacation! Makes it extra special! :)